Thursday, January 1

oh eight, it's been great.

1) What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Made it onto Comedy Sportz, went to a dance, got an A+ in a math class, swam competitively/for a sport, got my wisdom teeth pulled (worst time of my life), was a mouse in Cinderella, you know.

2) Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not super into resolutions, so I didn't make any last year. But this year I felt like I needed some, so therefore, I have a list.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
...Nope.

4) Did anyone close to you die?
...Nope.

5) What countries did you visit?
I stayed right here.

6) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
An extremely consistent relationship with God rather than one that has dry seasons.

7) What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Since no specific dates pop into my head, I guess nothing was that vital to remember...

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Comedy Sportz. If someone told me last year that I would be on the team this year, I'd laugh in their face.

9) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Pink eye? And I had a fractured middle finger in the beginning of the year.

10) What was the best thing you bought?
iPod touch.

11) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Weird question...well I commend my brother for going from possibly the lowest point in his life to the highest by learning to lean completely on the Lord.

12) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Weird question again...well Ryan in the response above- before he changed, that is. I was truly stunned and taken aback. That was an odd night.

13) Where did most of your money go?
FOOD.

14) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Comedy Sportz, possibly going to Sri Lanka in July.

15) What song will always remind you of 2008?
Anything by those dang Jonas Brothers, because I looked past their overrated personas and found a deep appreciation and newfound love for their horribly tweenybopperish songs.

16) Compared to this time last year, are you: Wiser? Yes. Healthier? No, this time last year I was a water polo athelete, so I was in my prime. Richer? Nope.

17) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Shared the Lord with people I care about.

18) What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I'd done less of not doing anything.

19) How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, as always.

20) Did you fall in love in 2008?
Not legitimately.

21) What was your favorite TV program?
Jon and Kate Plus 8

22) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yeah, I hate the world.....the answer to this question is no.

23) What was the best book you read?
I don't remember when I read House on Mango Street last year, but that was amazing. The symbolism intrigued me.

24) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ugh, fine....the Jonas Brothers.
They were and still are my guilty pleasure.

25) What did you want and get?
Well I NEEDED great Christian friends. And I definitely got them.

26) What did you want and not get?
A Polaroid camera.

27) What was your favorite film of this year?
I have four. Dark Knight, Slumdog Millionaire, Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and Eagle Eye (just got back from seeing it at the doller theater...ahh so good!)

28) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was the big one five, and for the first year ever, I didn't have a party.

29) Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
Nicholas Jonas

30) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Laid back, simple.

31) What kept you sane?
I am a very sane person to begin with.

32) Who did you miss?
Jason, he went to college. And the house was lame without him.

33) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Lukewarm faith is a waste of time,
and,
I need to spend my doing things of eternal significance.

34) What did you gain this year?
More friends!

35) What did you lose this year?
Laziness.

36) Who was the best new person you met?
Well I strengthened relationships with a lot of great people...Danielle, Cory, Vanessa, Emily, Jordan.

37) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Hello beautiful,
how's it going?
I hear it's wonderful in California.
I've been missing you,
It's true."
that got me hooked on the Jonas Brothers.

But then a serious one is-
"Heal my heart and make it clean,
Open up my eyes to the things unseen,
Show me how to love like you have loved me.
Break my heart for what breaks yours,
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause.
As I walk this earth into eternity."

1 comment:

Jason Leith said...

I love you Heath! im glad you had such a life changing year to change and grow and have fun.