Sunday, July 15

Two Foods That Are Really Great, Plus Other News

1. Artichokes
2. Dried mango

In other news, tomorrow we are driving an hour and a half to see Indian ruins...should be a blast...

In other other news, today we went to a quiant little Baptist church...obviously a huge change from Saddleback. The pastor related every one of his points back to his recent trip to Mongolia. He was quite interesting. I felt very out of place though, mostly because my hair was sopping- I had JUST gotten out of the shower when I was told it was time to leave. I don't know why this made me feel out of place...it just did. Everyone else was dressed nice with dry, maintained hair. Maybe that's why.

While we were on our way out, we talked to the pastor, and told him that we were from Saddleback. His response was, "Oh, I am a mild Rick Warren fan. A mild one." Emphasizing the word 'mild' both times. I don't think he really likes the Warrenator, even mildly...

In even MORE other news, you will find two new people on my bloglist- Kylee and Tali, my two pals from the conference. Hooray! I love them!

Farewell from the Grand Canyon State!

9 comments:

rachel kalei. said...

artichokes and mangos. my two most favorite foods. yay!

danya genevieve said...

i second rachel kaleis notion

danya genevieve said...

gogogo look at my new posts, i want to see what you think!

Heather Leith said...

the last 2 times you commented that, i had already seen them the day before. (:
they were great.

joanna (: said...

you silly!
you had dried mango in your house and i was like "I LOVE" and you were like "ew groooossss" now you have seen the good side of things. they are delicious and amazing. you did not even give them a chance. i am glad you did (:

elise! said...

if your driving an hour and a half to see mesa verde, i have some advice.

DON'T.

danya genevieve said...

alrighty, i have offered you and joanna an explanation on my comments for my most recent post.

jessie estupinan said...

dried mangos are delish..

Heather Leith said...

elise. that was hilarious. we aren't doing that.